Last Updated on September 15, 2022 by admin
Due to the pandemic, the digital world is expanding faster than ever. Hence, a business’s virtual presence is highly important, and mobile apps are a great way to boost it. Based on Statista’s estimation, more than 27.6 billion apps were downloaded from Google play store during the third quarter of 2021. Furthermore, we can expect revenue generation of more than 613 billion U.S. dollars from mobile apps by 2025.
Therefore, if you plan to develop a mobile app to grow your brand, it is a wise choice. Developing an impactful app is necessary for the growth of your business. So, continue reading the step-by-step guide to creating a mobile app.
Pre-developing stage: what you must do
Before designing an app, make sure you understand the following points.
- Purpose of developing the app: You should know how this app is going to benefit your business. It is the purpose of an app to solve the issues of your target audience, so evaluate if the app can do that.
- Identify your potential clients: Having a clear idea of who would be interested in your products or services is necessary. This will help you to make a rough estimation of the number of people who would download the app.
- Why is your app unique: Apps that provide the services that you offer can also be found on the market. So, what distinguishes your app from others that provide similar services? Have a clear understanding of this.
- Thorough research on your customers is important: Knowing your competitors well allows you to stay one step ahead of them by giving quality service. So it’s crucial.
Important steps to develop an effective mobile app
The steps below will assist you in creating a successful mobile app, so take a look.
- Giving a shape to your idea: At the pre-developing stage of the mobile app, you need to conduct thorough market research on the above-mentioned point. Consequently, you must develop an idea of how the mobile app will look. At this stage, you have to put a shape to it by building a wireframe which you can consider as a blueprint of the app.
A wireframe helps to understand how the system would function. So, an experienced mobile app development services provider would always suggest building the wireframe so that the rough estimation of the development timeline can be easy. So, figure out the requirements of your mobile app through this stage.
- UI/UX design: The app’s UI/UX design is critical, and you must pay attention to every aspect of the app’s surface. As a result, it covers everything from picking a good app color to selecting the font size and style. Keep in mind that the goal of the app’s UI/UX design is to give consumers a smooth experience with a pleasing appearance.
- Choosing a platform: At this point, you must make an important decision by picking an appropriate platform for the app. When you want to find the best platform for your app you need to keep in mind a few factors that are important.
To begin with, if you want to create a native app, you will need an Android or iOS platform to launch it. A cross-platform or hybrid app, on the other hand, can run on various platforms. HTML5 web apps, however, do not require any platforms. They can run on mobile browsers.
- The stage of developing the app: The coding phase, as well as setting the suitable development environment of the app, developing different parts of the code, and preliminary testing, are all part of the app development process.
Back-end development is the first step in the app development process. Database and server-side objects are necessary to support the functions of your app. After all, these aid in network connectivity. It’s critical to test the server-side objects that have been created at this stage. Also, keep in mind that while programming GUI components, an application programming interface, or API, is required.
API integration is required to connect the app and backend servers. Above all, creating an interactive front end for the app is an important part of the development process. Only the ideal combination of front end and back end can make an app interactive and useful.
- Quality checking: You cannot miss this step because it is vital to ensure that you have created a faultless app. Keep in mind that you may test your mobile app in just a few steps. The first step is to test the app’s documentation to see if you’ve included all of the necessary functionality.
However, you should test the documentation before you begin developing the app. The second level of app testing is functional testing, which determines whether the app is ready to meet industry standards.
Also, remember to conduct usability testing on your mobile app. This form of testing is necessary to determine whether the app is useful in providing clients with convenient browsing. Additionally, performance testing is necessary for load testing, stability testing, and volume testing.
- Providing support and maintenance after launching the app: The app development stage does not finish after you are sure that the app is ready to launch. Why? Essentially, you must look after the app’s maintenance by assisting. As a result, you must release app updates on time. However, never release unnecessary updates frequently.
Furthermore, to maintain the app properly, you must review the comments provided by your users and make any necessary modifications. Make sure you respond to the user comments as well.
Mobile app development is a time-consuming process. However, creating an effective mobile app is feasible if you understand the app development process. So, try following the step-by-step instructions in this article, to develop a mobile app. These steps will not only simplify the app development process but will also help you create an effective app.
You can also contact a reputable mobile app development services provider for the development of a glitch-free mobile app. After all, expert advice is required to create a good app.