If you have been suffering from neck and back pain for a long time and the pain has not diminished after months of treatment, if the pain no longer responds to medication and if it is hindering you from completing daily functions, then you should consider spinal surgery. But, why is spinal surgery so important?
Importance of the Spine
To begin we need to understand that our spine has a very important function in our lives. The spine is responsible for holding up your head, allowing movement of limbs and housing your spinal cord which is the messenger of your brain. Changes in the structure and function of the spine can affect movement.
Supporting the head is important as the neck is involved in many quick coordinating movements which are necessary for survival. This, as well as supporting the shoulder and pelvic girdles are done by the spine.
The spinal cord, which is housed within the spine, provides protection to the central nervous system which controls the function of every cell, tissue or organ in the body. Therefore, a healthy spine is absolutely essential for maintaining whole body health and if you have major spinal problems, spinal surgery is the best option for you.
Types of Spinal Surgery
There are different kinds of surgeries that can help you get your spine back in shape.
- Spinal Fusion – This is the most common type of surgery for back pain. The spinal bones or vertebrae are joined together by the surgeon. This restricts motion between the bones of the spine and also limits the stretching of nerves.
- Laminectomy – The surgeon removed parts of the bone, bone spurs or ligaments in the back to relieve pressure on spinal nerves that may be causing pain or weakness. However, a laminectomy can cause the spine to become less stable.
- Floraminotomy – In this method, the bones at the sides of the vertebrae are cut to widen the space where nerve roots exit the spine. This is done to relieve pressure on the spine and thereby relieve pain.
- Discectomy – When a bulging or slipped disc presses the spinal nerve and causes back pain, the surgeon removes all or part of the disc. This may be part of a larger surgery.
- Disc Replacement – In a disc replacement surgery the damaged spinal disc is removed and an artificial disc is inserted between the vertebrae. This allows continued motion of the spine, thus it is becoming increasingly popular.
- Interlaminar Implant– This alternative to spinal fusion involves an implant of a U-shaped device between two back bones in the lower back to help maintain the space between. This implant provides stability without completely restricting movement.
The range of surgeries to address your spinal issues are numerous. However, make sure you visit a chiropractor to find out exactly what the issue with your back is so that you can go in for the right surgery.
Why India is Best for Spinal Surgery?
Surgery has never been a cheap investment. You need money for it, but more importantly, you need expertise. Qualified, efficient surgeons whom you can trust. One country where medical tourism seems to be growing quite rapidly is India. People from all over the world are coming down here for spinal surgeries as well as other treatments.
India is increasingly being considered as one of the best places to go for spinal surgery. The reason being it has high tech surgical procedures and good medical facilities. The neurosurgeons in India are proven to be some of the best in the world. Having been educated in premium educational institutions, most of them have done their specializations in premium international institutes. So if you are looking to get surgery for your spine, India has the best medical services available. What’s more, you can get spinal treatment that meets international standards at a very low cost.
With certified doctors that cater to the needs of every patient, the best facilities and hospitals that perform the full range of spinal procedures. Good spinal health is important for optimal health so if you have spinal problems, do not procrastinate, visit a chiropractor immediately.
Also the spinal surgery cost in India is much cheaper when compared to various developed countries like the USA, the UK, Canada or Europe. India is certainly a trustworthy location to have your spinal surgery done at.
When you have access to the right spine surgery in India , you can be rest assured knowing you are getting access to the finest neurosurgeons in the country through Lyfboat. You can now search for the best hospitals offering spine surgery with different search parameters and find exactly what you want in a Best spine surgeon and hospitals in India .
Read Next: Causes of Back Pain