Last Updated on August 4, 2022 by rabiamuzaffar
Utilizing a stained, damaged, or broken window screen isn’t an excellent choice. It could cause the window to appear unattractive and attract bugs to your home. This is why it is recommended to know how to remove window screen to clean repairs, cleaning, or even a complete glass screening to replace them. Before you start first, you need to determine if the window is outside or inside.
The removal procedure for each window is different. Therefore you need to be aware of this. Each window’s screen has distinct removal procedures. However, it’s easy to take it off and replace it. To create a more elegant interior, it is necessary to put window screens within the grooves of millwork surrounding the windows. The exterior mesh is constructed using an elongated plunger pin system to stay within the window.
How to remove window screen easily?
How to remove window screen? Window screens are available in various kinds and styles and are simple to take off. Use these guidelines to eliminate it using the appropriate windows screen tools.
1. Examine the style of the window
The first step in removing a screen from a window is to choose the design of the window before removing it. The windows can be removed and be removed with ease; therefore, there is no need to be concerned. The most common window structures are below:
- Double-hung Window: Most homes utilize this type of window, and your windows could differ from the others. The sash can be operated and moved up and down to let more airflow through.
- Casement Windows: This window is hinged from the sides and opened using a hand crank.
- Windows that slide: Most people use sliding windows for areas that are difficult to access, like windows in bathrooms or above kitchen sinks. They are easy to open by releasing the latch that secures the window in its frame.
2. Examine window type
There are various kinds of windows that each have their removal method. When you know the different types of windows, it’s easy to understand how to get rid of a complete screen from a window.
- Internal Window Screen: The interior window screening stays in place due to the help of tension. They are typically found in sliding windows, usually found in those window grooves.
- External Window Screen: This kind of window is hung outside the window using the help of pins for plungers.
3. Take off the Window Screen
The windows with new screens are made of new mesh, and there is it is not necessary to cut the old mesh before taking off the window. Here’s how to take off windows from the outside and remove the window screen from the inside.
Removing interior window screens
Step 1. The Lift Tabs will rise when you pull them up
When you open the slide, the lift tab will appear in the lower-left corner of the screen. When you pull it out, the pressure will cause the screen to rise until it’s entirely out.
Step 2. Reduce the screen’s lower portion.
The screen’s bottom is held in your right hand, then your left-hand raises and pulls out the screen.
Step 3: Pull the Screen in towards you
Utilize both hands to hold the screen, then slide the lower section across the gap. Moving the screen in one direction will help it easier to remove.
Removing exterior window screens
Step 1: Remove the Sash
Locate the plunger pin on the screen, then pull it back towards the mid-point of the window and let it go.
Step 2: Wrap the frame in place around the screen, then push it forward
Slightly pull back to release the screen of the window from its location. Verify that there is no one standing below the window to prevent accidents. Be careful not to lean on the window, and be sure to be firm to the ground.
Step 3. Tap the screen to one side, and then open it to remove it.
Then it would help if you pulled the screen in your desired direction and bent it to take it out. However, even though the frame is solid, you can turn it slightly to pull the screen away.
Safety precautions when removing a window screen
It doesn’t matter how you remove the screen from sliding windows or casements, and it is essential to follow the safety guidelines below:
- Do not lean against the window to prevent falling off and hurting yourself. The window’s screen isn’t sufficient to keep your balance and cannot stop you from falling.
- Ensure that no family member or neighbor is in the window to prevent hitting the screen.
- Do not climb or stand on your furniture to get further toward your window screen. If you’re not tall enough, it’s more beneficial to ask a relative or a neighbor to help out.
- Suppose your window is not appearing out of the frame of your window contact a professional with good experience. It’s better to get assistance than try to fix it and only end up damaging the window frame.
How to remove window screen? Before removing window screen first you need to examine the window’s screen to determine whether it requires replacement. Add it to your budget or commit to replacing it immediately because replacing it will make windows appear more attractive.