Huawei is a leading mobile phone manufacturer that has taken the world by storm over the last few years. Their phones have steadily gained popularity thanks to their high-quality hardware and highly reliable operating system. But what exactly is Huawei’s operating system? Is it worth buying one of their phones?
In this blog post, we’ll explore Huawei’s mobile operating system and answer these questions to understand the company’s technology better. We’ll also discuss whether you should buy a Huawei Mobiles or not.
What is Huawei’s mobile operating system?
Huawei was an Android-based mobile and used its operating system along with its mobile operating system called EMUI, based on Google’s Android platform. EMUI provided a clean and consistent user experience across all Huawei devices and offered a wide range of features and customization options.
But it all changed after the Chinese company’s tiff with the US government, and the company set out to develop its unique operating system, which we will discuss here.
Is it good to buy a Huawei phone?
It’s no secret that Huawei has been under much scrutiny lately. The Chinese tech giant has been accused of spying for the Chinese government, so many people wonder if it’s still safe to buy Huawei phones.
So, what is Huawei’s operating system? And is it still good to buy a Huawei phone?
Huawei’s operating system is called HarmonyOS. It’s a Linux-based platform that was first announced in 2019. HarmonyOS is designed to be “lightweight, fast, and secure.” It’s also supposed to be more customizable than Android, the operating system that most smartphones use.
As for whether or not it’s still safe to buy a Huawei phone, that’s more complicated. If you’re worried about the Chinese government spying on you, try avoiding Huawei phones. However, a Huawei mobile phone is still a good option if you’re not as concerned about that particular issue.
The pros and cons of Huawei’s mobile operating system
Here’s everything you need to know about EMUI.
What is HarmonyOS?
HarmonyOS is Huawei’s answer to Android’s operating system. Born out of necessity, Huawei has based it on Huawei Mobile Services and aims to give users a fulfilling and satisfying experience.
One of the most notable things about it is its design. Unlike stock Android, which has a more minimal look, it has a more colourful and customized interface. It includes changes to the icons, menus, and even the way notifications are displayed.
Some people love these changes, while others find them too much of a departure from stock Android. It’s a matter of personal preference.
Another thing to remember about HarmonyOS is that it doesn’t have all the same features as stock Android. For example, there is no built-in app drawer, so all apps are displayed on your home screen (like on an iPhone).
You can add an app drawer by downloading a third-party launcher from the Google Play Store, but it’s not something that comes pre-installed.
Pros of HarmonyOS
- Customizable interface – The most notable thing about HarmonyOS is its highly customizable interface. You can change the look and feel of your device to suit your personal preferences.
- Battery optimization – HarmonyOS has several features designed to help you get more out of your battery. It includes a power-saving mode that helps conserve battery life when you’re not using your phone.
- Security – Huawei devices come with security features such as encryption and malware scanning, making them some of the safest phones on the market.
- Cons of HarmonyOS:
- Lack of updates – One downside of using HarmonyOS is that it isn’t always updated as quickly as stock Android. It means that some new features may take longer to arrive on your device than if you were using a Google Pixel or another Android device from another manufacturer.
- Lack of apps – While there are plenty of apps available for Huawei devices, the selection can be limited compared to other Android phones. Due to U.S.-China trade and political issues, many popular apps, such as Snapchat and Instagram, are unavailable in the Huawei app store due to U.S.-China trade issues.
How does Huawei’s mobile operating system compare to other systems?
One advantage of HarmonyOS over other Android-based systems is its energy efficiency. Huawei has implemented several power-saving features that help extend battery life. Additionally, HarmonyOS is designed to be lightweight and fast, providing a smooth user experience.
However, a few disadvantages exist to using Huawei’s mobile operating system. One downside is that HarmonyOS lacks some of the customization options available on other Android-based systems. Additionally, it may not be compatible with some of the latest apps and features developed for newer versions of the platform.
In conclusion, Huawei’s mobile operating system is a viable option for users looking for high-end technology at an affordable price. The OS boasts advanced features and powerful hardware that can provide excellent functionality with minimal effort.
Furthermore, the device has a reliable security and privacy system that ensures your data remains secure. With all of this in mind, it is easy to see why so many people are buying Huawei mobiles.
People also searches for related articles
Best deals for Oppo Find X5 Pro