Last Updated on October 20, 2022 by admin
Do you need assistance with Quickbooks Error 80070057? You’ve arrived at the right location. What to do if you experience Error 80070057 while trying to open your business file in QuickBooks Desktop is covered in this post.
When attempting to access their company file, the majority of Quickbooks users receive the message “can’t access QuickBooks error 80070057”. The error message “The argument is wrong” is often displayed along with this error number.
We will provide you with quick and easy troubleshooting techniques that you can use to fix QuickBooks error 80070057 if you are having the same issue.
What is Error 80070057 in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Error 80070057 is related to issues with the QB Company file communicating across the network on different workstations (Server or Host).
This error shows that you do not have the authorization to delete or remove the QB files from the specified folder.
Read also: QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
There are numerous potential causes for this QuickBooks error to emerge. However, the majority of them are linked to issues with how the network communicates with corporate files on a different computer (Server or Host).
The following are some possible causes:
- Instead of opening the company file from within QuickBooks Desktop, you keep trying to double-click on it.
- You try to open a business file that is located in another folder on a redirected desktop when the device is not connected to the network. Because only the host computer or server has the authority to read or open QB server files, this commonly happens.
- You are utilizing a third-party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
Bit Defender has restricted certain ports that you are utilizing. Versions 2016, 17, and 18 of QuickBooks Desktop make use of the host computer’s database server. Bit Defender by default blocks specific ports used for communication by this database service.
- 2016 Quickbooks Desktop employs port 56726
- Quickbooks Desktop 2017 utilizes port 56727
- A 56728 port is used by the 2018 Quickbooks Desktop.
On the host or server machine, users attempt to delete or relocate Network Data (.ND) files. This process results in an error and makes the file illegible.
(.ND) files, also referred to as configuration files, is where information pertaining to QuickBooks Company Files accessibility in the multi-user mode is kept.)
- If the extension of your company files changes, QuickBooks cannot read it.
- any problem that develops during the Quickbooks software installation.
- using a QuickBooks file extension other than. qbx,.qbm, or.qbb on a Windows computer
- You are attempting to access a portable corporate file prior to launching the QB software.
How to Fix the 80070057 Error in Quickbooks?
Check out the infographic below for the nine potential fixes for the QuickBooks problem 80070057:
Any of the following methods can be used to resolve the 80070057 QuickBooks problem. You are free to select any strategy that works for you.
Solution 1: Open your corporate file properly.
You might be able to avoid a problem if you open the company files correctly.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop first.
- then pick the corporate file.
- In order to access your file, choose open last.
Upgrade QuickBooks to the most recent version.
The most recent version of QuickBooks can be used to upgrade it, or you can obtain a new version from the company website. Follow the instructions listed below: –
- To upgrade QuickBooks using the currently installed version, first, visit the help section.
- By selecting the “update” option in the assistance area, you can update QuickBooks.
- After that, modify the revised folder’s extension. You’ll need to put together a folder.
- Then, change the folder’s extension to. qbm after copying and pasting the company file into the new location.
- Finally, launch the QuickBooks software and open the file. If you have any issues opening files, you can change the folder’s extension.
Run QuickBooks with administrative rights as a third option.
Make that QuickBooks has the necessary permissions to function properly.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop first.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon after that.
- Select Administrator under Run.
- If the business file didn’t open right away, select it first, then click Open.
You may also get our QuickBooks Data Conversion services
Set the default location for the file for your business.
If your company file is presently kept somewhere other than its normal location, move it there.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be closed.
- Find the location of your company’s files by browsing.
- Right-click on the company file (.QBW), and then select Copy.
- Copy the following directory and paste it into the default location: (C: Users: Public: Public Documents: Intuit: QuickBooks: Company Files)
- Open QuickBooks now, then select Find a company file.
- Next, look in Local Drives for the corporate file name.
- Click Open after selecting the proper company file.